Learn about the rules and guidelines we have in place to support your success.
Providing a Supportive Community for Men
The Progress Valley Men’s Program provides a safe, sober, structured environment for men while in the process of putting their lives back together. Residential clients receive comprehensive, intensive chemical and mental health treatment that includes one-on-one counseling, individualized treatment planning, group therapy, family programming, medication monitoring, case management, and community referrals.
Clients also receive educational lectures, attend 12-step meetings, enjoy recreational activities and begin to adhere to a set of rules that are designed to develop routine into their lives. When clients are ready, they are expected to maintain employment, attend school or work voluntarily in the community. Following residential services, clients may be transferred to outpatient relapse prevention groups and additional services for continued support.
The treatment programs are designed to meet the unique programming needs of each of our clients. Typically clients participate in approximately 15 to 30 hours of programming per week.
Men’s Program Highlights:
- Men’s Recovery Group – This group addresses the specific issues facing men in society. Issues include cultural stereotypes about what it means to be a man, the appropriateness of expressing emotion, and the formation of healthy relationships.
- Co-Occurring Disorders Program – Developed by Dartmouth Medical School with Hazelden, this curriculum teaches clients ways to manage recovery of both chemical dependency and mental health issues.
- Relationship Group – This is a weekly group that covers topics such as healthy communication, dealing with significant others, development of a health support system, and reintegration with the family system.
- 24/7 Awake Staff
- Program Director
- Sr. Counselor
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors
- Master’s Level Mental Health Therapists
- Recovery Coach
Outpatient Treatment Services
Progress Valley Outpatient Services provide an opportunity to remain connected to staff and peers while gaining support for the new and ongoing challenges of a sober lifestyle. Typically, outpatient services begin at the end of the client’s residential program at Progress Valley when the individual client takes the lead in their discharge planning and creating a Transition Plan with their counselor. Family members and other professionals may be included in the planning if the situation warrants or the client requests.
Outpatient treatment services are also available to appropriate clients not having participated in a Progress Valley residential setting. Interested parties should contact the Intake staff for further information.